Sunday, June 13, 2010

what could have been

Just caught up on "so you think you can dance" season 7 ... the actual performance shows begin this week. This is a show I definitely enjoy. I think were I a pre-teen now, I would ask my parents to put me in dance. Of course, when I was a kid, I took ballet at the local community centre. I was 5 - needless to say it didn't stick. Then when I was 12 and 13 , my friends who were still dancing were doing boring broadway/jazz type stuff with crazy sparkly makeup, lots of dep gel, and bad leotards. It was the late 80s and hip hop hadn't quite made it to my white bread, all girls junior high. Too bad. The course of my life could have been dramatically different. As an adult I have attempted to learn some new moves - a few years ago I took both funk and hip hop - both of which let to nothing more than massive embarrassment. I'm still convinced though had I stuck it out when I was younger, this could have been me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMedv-940I8&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment