Wednesday, June 9, 2010

game six

Tonight is game six between the Hawks and the Flyers. The Stanley Cup could potentially be given out tonight. Often times I am all over the finals, but I gotta say, this year I couldn't care less. Probably because my two teams (the Flames and the Sens) lost early on and then the cinderella-story Habs couldn't quite complete the fairy tale ending. Last year was much more exciting, for a variety of reasons.

First off, the Red Wings, a team I appreciate because of their continued dominance and longevity, was once again in the finals. The fact that they have a whole bunch of Swedes who play for them helps too. Sadly, this year, instead of Zetterberg's handsome playoff beard, we get Patrick Kane's mullet. Secondly, Sid the kid took home the cup, cementing his status as The Next One. I'm sorry, but I just can't root for Chris Pronger. Finally, and dare I say most importantly, during the 2009 finals I was involved in a rather steamy bet that as Christie so deftly pointed out, had no losers. This year, I have no such luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment