Monday, June 14, 2010

I hear the water in Arkansas is ... very hard

These were the words uttered by Bill to Sam in the second most amazing scene in last night's season premiere of True Blood. The most amazing scene was of course the one where Eric was naked.

I am really not a fan of the vampire phenomenon ... my utter hatred of Twilight could take up a post of its own. I read the first book in an effort to understand the pop culture zeitgeist and once I finished it, I vowed not to read anymore. The writing was horrible, the circumstances ridiculous, and the characters wooden. The message it sends to young girls is horrible too - Bella can never be complete unless Edward is around? And it's ok to get engaged before you are out of high school? I think not. If I was really interested in the principles of your Mormon faith Stephanie Meyer, I would talk to the guys who wear the ill-fitting suits and wander around getting doors slammed in their faces. Plus the whole phenomenon of grown women lusting after 17-year old Jacob Lautner is just creepy (yes, I'm talking to you RB).

So back to True Blood - campy adult fun with telekenetics, shapeshifters, werewolves, meanads and vampires. And this guy. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment