Sunday, July 4, 2010

May the best men win ...

So I haven't really discussed the World Cup, not sure why really. But I have been watching. As has the rest of the world apparently. I was super stocked when Landon Donovan scored in extra time so the US moved on. I enjoyed watching the Ghana - Uruguay shoot out on high def TVs at the Sony Store at Market Mall on Friday afternoon. I watched Spain beat Paraguay Saturday afternoon at the Ship ... When Spain scored on the penalty shot (which was then called back) a grown man did a cartwheel in front of me. Awesome.
So while I do enjoy soccer - it is actually one of the only sports I stuck with my whole life - I also enjoy the fact that the World Cup is played by hot, fit men. And so, as there are 4 teams left, below are my top picks for hotness on the German, Spanish, Dutch and Uruguayan squads

1) Germany ... from left to right: Marcell Jansen, Pitor Trochowski and injured captain Michael Ballach

2) Spain ... from left to right: Cesc Fabregas, Xabi Alsonso, Iker Cassilas

3) Holland ... top row from left to right: Maarten Stekelenburg, Michel Vorm, Stijin Schaars, bottom row: Rafael van der Vaart

4) Uruguay ... Andres Scotti and Diego Lugano (I think, there are like 4 Diegos on the team - it gets confusing)


Of course, Sweden didn't make the final four ... well didn't make it to the World Cup period, otherwise you know they would be my top picks. So while there are four very well matched teams, I am cheering for Holland to go all the way. In addition to the hotness of Schaars and Van der Vaart in particular, I also really like the colour orange, generally think that Dutch people are very nice, and they are probably one of the best teams to have never one the World Cup (see, it's not just about the men, I do sort of know what I am talking about). So get out your vuvuzuelas and cheer on your favourite! May the best men win!

No comments:

Post a Comment