Sunday, January 30, 2011

snow day

It was a freezing and snow day today here in YYC, so it was a perfect opportunity to spend some quality time with my PVR. I watched 6 hours of Boardwalk Empire and now I have a strong desire to smoke, drink illegal whiskey, wear a flapper dress and date a gangster in a 3-piece suit and bowler hat.

I have two episodes left and while it took awhile for me to get into it, I am definitely wondering how it will all end. I especially enjoyed when "Chalky" took matters into his own hands and (semi-spoiler alert) strangled that dude.

Chalky of course is also known as Omar from The Wire. Man do I miss that show. I was trying to think of my favourite character .... the obvious ones would be Stringer Bell or McNulty. But I think I liked them all. Omar, all the kids (Randy in particular), Snoop, Chris, Prezbo, Greggs, Herc, Wallace (who is now on Parenthood ... of which every episode makes me cry), Bubbles, Daniels, Marlo, Buk, etc. Nothing else on tv like it. It makes me sad that I've seen every episode. Definitely not a guilty pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment