Friday, August 27, 2010

technical problems

I've been out of sorts all day ... it took me awhile to figure out why, but I think it is due to a variety of technical issues I am experiencing.

First off, my Blackberry is broken. More importantly, my BB messenger is not working. This is a serious problem as I do believe that BBM is one of the best inventions ever and it irks me that I can't send instant messages to my friends. Never mind that I could just phone them or email, but that just seems so intentional and formal. BBMing random comments is much more fun. I would also like to add that when I approached my work IT guy to discuss the fact that my BB isnt't working, he informed me that because it is not actually physically broken, he can't give me a new one. He then told me, in what I think was complete seriousness, to step on it or drop it in the toilet, and then come back and see him.

Secondly, my PVR didn't record Jersey Shore last night. I know that I can watch it on one of the dozen repeats between now and next Thursday, but I was looking forward to watching it after work today. I also fully realize that I should be embarrased to watch this ridiculous show where ridiculous people are getting paid ridiculous sums of money to do nothing but drink, speak incoherently, and pump their fists. It's also part of the current pop cultural zeitgest, and in the same way that I can sing the lyrics to a Justin Beiber song (the shame!), I also know about J-Wow, Snooki and the Situation.

Finally, I bought a new MacBook earlier this summer and have yet to transfer over my itunes music catalogue to my new laptop. As a result I have been listening to the same playlists all summer long, and while they are good, the repetition is starting to get to me. It is definitely time for me to remedy this situation (no capital S needed). Then of course the question becomes, do I download a song from the Beebs?

No comments:

Post a Comment