Friday, February 12, 2010

Eso es lo que dijo


I was recently in Mexico (those would be my feet) with 3 friends. We basically spent the whole week laughing, re-telling the same stories/joke over and over again. One of the non-stop jokes was the oh so obvious "that's what she said," and it never got old. Seriously, we could say it a dozen times a day without eliciting any groans. In an effort to commune with the Mexican culture, we eventually asked someone how to say it in Spanish ... it was roughly translated as "como este," which I think is not really a direct translation (according to google translate those two words mean "like this." That also never got old. And because I am a "researcher" by trade, I looked into the origins of the phrase, and apparently Mike Myers first used it in Wayne's World. Another explanation can be found in this funny (but not suitable for work) video:



No comments:

Post a Comment