Monday, December 20, 2010

December 10th-19th

A quick gander at my dinner choices for the past 10 days. And I wonder why my pants are too tight.

  • Friday - frozen pizza while babysitting adorable 11 month old named Gibby.
  • Saturday - vietnamese noodles while dogsitting devil dog Shasta.
  • Sunday - lovely pasta with italian sausage and fennel, homecooked with love by SS.
  • Monday - tomato and pineapple pizza with HC and aforementioned devil dog.
  • Tuesday - Life cereal.
  • Wednesday - defrosted turkey burger (originally made by me) and salad.
  • Thursday - lamb flatbread at Thompson's before going to see A Christmas Carol.
  • Friday - lovely roasted chickens with vegetables and scalloped potatoes courtesy, again, of the lovely SS.
  • Saturday - mushroom and prosciutto pizza with SS after plan for risotto fell through thanks to false labour (don't worry, not mine or hers).
  • Sunday - Christmas burger dinner at District with JM and KA.
There were other things too. On Sunday I made 7 dozen chocolate chip cookies for a cookie exchange at work. I think I ate at least 6 on my own. Then I got six dozen cookies to bring home with me. Because that's exactly what I need. I also re-attempted the prize winning pie to go with Friday's chicken dinner. Once again the pudding did not set and I had to freeze it. Recipe is obviously flawed, but it still tasted great. Friday was my goodbye party at work. It involved wine and cheese. I discovered something called black truffle cheddar. Dairy goodness indeed. Brie and figs. Yum. Oh, and the wine of course. You can never go wrong with wine.

Did I mention that it's not even Christmas yet? This does not set a very good precedent. Good thing it's almost 2011 and I can make some resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment