Sunday, October 3, 2010

sister wives

Below is a partial transcript of the discussion that I had with HC (over BBM of course) while watching Sister Wives:
HC: "This is a lifestyle I don't get ...I feel like I'm programmed by society to only accept monogamy ... Which given events of recent past ... I don't have a ton of faith (or respect) in. Bizarre."
Me: "I don't think that polygamy is the answer though ...especially seeing as it is only reserved for men only. You never hear about "brother-husbands."*
HC: "No one wants multiple husbands ... The jury is often out on one, as far as I understand it. The bathroom habits alone... I couldn't handle it."
Me: "This guy does not seem like a winner."
HC: "Keep in mind his dad may be his cousin or something ... I think everyone is a few bricks short of a load."

So this was a semi-serious conversation about the merits of polygamy. Men, take this as a wake up call - all of the douchebaggery of late is making smart women like HC ponder an alternate lifestyle. This is not a good thing. Time for you to step up.

* Incidentally, I looked into women who marry more than one man ... it's called polyandry. And according to wikipedia, it's legal in Saskatchewan. Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment