Monday, November 29, 2010

pottery fail (sort of)

In this photo, you will see two mugs. Both made by hand. Can you guess which one I made? I'll give you a hint ... it's the one on the left. Notice it's about half the size of the professionally made one. I think it will contain 3 sips of coffee. Not a spectacular effort, if I do say so myself. BUT, and this is an important but, I tried ... right? I would never call myself super creative or artistic, so the fact that I made something, that resembles a coffee mug, isn't porous, and has an actual handle, is somewhat impressive. As such, I call this only a quasi-failure. It's certainly no cake disaster, that's for sure. It probably helped that no alcoholic beverages were consumed while using the potter's wheel. I also made numerous bowls ... can't post any photos of those as they will be wrapped and put under the tree for all my favourite blog readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment